Sunday 24 June, 2007

My Grandparents

They are no more physically present by me but their souls are positively around me.
My Dadajii was my teacher, guide, friend and I was like his disciple. Being born and brought up in UAE it was only the time of summer vacations that I used to spend with them. Dadajii (dads father) used to tell me religious stories and made me aware of my responsibilities as being a daughter and gave me a dose of courage and a injection of hopes whenever I was sad and hurt. He told me that I am a princess and just need to be groomed to hold hands with the world, which would love me for the person I am. His soul rested in peace on a Friday where he breathed his last just after the Morning Prayer and left us with his pure words to remember and be followed for the rest of our lives.

My dadimaa (dads mom) was another angel. I have disrespected her many times and never ever went ahead to say sorry and she kept forgiving me for all my misbehavior .She kept on telling me that I have to win the race of life. “The more will I fall the more will I rise and strive for success in whatever I would do” was her only statement whenever I used to feel ignored and sad and a day will come when I will be given a space in the world where I can put my firm legs. Today I stand firm with my feet’s on heels, which are wheeled without control to cross all boundaries and obstacles of life.

[“Good and evil, reward and punishment, are the only motives to a rational creature: these are the spur and reins whereby all mankind are set on work, and guided( source: eslewhere)]



No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
STRANDED I STAND by Zahra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.theprayingangel.blogspot.com