Sunday 24 June, 2007

I Love Mumbai

When I left from Dubai for Mumbai a 2 months back I was so excited to be at my land. I reached Mumbai airport and started feeling hot, might be AC problem as usual. My driver came to pick me up. The car was running on the roads but for me the speed was slow. I just wanted to reach home ASAP. As I was passing through my lane my heart skipped a beat .The car was jumping over the rough roads. I saw slums, gutter and naked children running in the slum area. I was welcomed with a sweet and a lovable voice (that was my 3 yrs old nephew) He just hugged me and I was so glad being back home.My mom and sister were waiting for me behind him.I heared the birds chirping early in the morning,the milkman,garbage collector,maid,farsan wala,fruit seller and many more constantly ringing at my door.I got to drink yummy cows milk and tasty fresh mint leaves tea and I ate fresh vegetables that are hard to see in the supermarkets out here.

One of my good friend got married. I had no good stuffs to look 'out of the crowd' for her wedding . SoI did my shopping and I just enjoyed all her functions of her marriage. She had requested me to be by her during her Nikaah. Well I was the only friend with her as all other friends are working. When we sat in the hall where her Nikaah was supposed to proceed she held me tight and said “Zahra darr lage che”(I am scared Zahra). I touched her hand and said take it easy babes. I am sitting by you. She cried at the time of her Nikaah and her reception.I cried too. I cried during my sisters marriage also. My whole life went a flash back where I could recollect all my fond and grey memories.I shared all my happiness, problems ,secrets and everything with her.I can go anytime at her home and stay over and talk all night. But now that she is married when can I meet her? Can I stay at her In law place? Can I fiddle something in her fridge? I just wish all the best to my friend her. She is from a broken home and now she is all-important at her in laws place. She is the princess out there. I wish my friend all the best in whatever she does.I have a friend who lives upstairs at my residence in Mumbai. I used to spend almost all evening at her home and just chilled with her and her sister. I spend a couple of days with my best friend too.The only drawback was that she lives a bit far from my home. Wow, I miss those days. I miss the food ,my home,my friends and everything about Mumbai. I wish some how I can go back to Mumbai.I miss u my buddies and Mumbai…..I learned driving in Mumbai .I thoroughly enjoyed the course. When I left Mumbai I had tears in my eyes while locking the main door. I really miss Mumbai. I really do. Now I am back in Dubai and I have an entire family gathering out here .

If Dubai is my Janambhumi India is my Matrabhumi…
Hey Mumbai can you hear my cry????????

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
STRANDED I STAND by Zahra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.theprayingangel.blogspot.com