Sunday 24 June, 2007

EID MUBARAK to all MUSLIMS


Ramadan is over for this year.Its Eid!!! Its Eid!! Its Eid!!! I cant really believe a month of my life got over so soon.hehe.....So everyone, time to eat, drink, and sleep well again! No more sleeping in bits and eating when half asleep. :P

Ramadan for me was learning how to be religious/sincere without being strict on myself .I always noticed in the Holy month of Ramadan I am so calm and quite.I do not really lose my cool as I know I am fasting. Fasting is just not staying away from food and water from dawn to dusk but its is staying away from a lot more. I notice that my skin glows without my nourishing creams.Ahan!! is that the blesings of fasting. Yes,It indeed is.Fasting is given to us as a prescription and a prescription is given to us by a doctor, telling us to take a certain medicine at and for a specified time, to effect a cure for a certain illness—in this case, Almighty God Allah is the doctor prescribing for all of humanity.

When I used to leave for morning prayers I was always early to reach Mosque but one day I was very late as I was sleeping. I got up and hurried for Namaaz.On the way I saw all muslims running towards Masjid as they were late too.At that moment I imagined Allah smiling at his follower's and feeling proud on Himself.Yeah!!! How dumb of me. I donno why did I imagined that but cant help my imagination.I remember being a kid lailatul Qadr was a night to sit with my friends and eat all kind of nuts and run arround and ignoring my mom's yells.I never knew the importance of this night.Now on growing up, who has the time to eat nuts when time is short for offering prayers to Allah.Gosh!! Every year I fall short of time to offer maximun prayer's to Allah.Well this is the beauty of this night.Not even a single muslim will be satisfied with their payers as they all know that they could have offered more.I pray that Allah accept all the muslims prayer's.

Eid is a time of joy, after a season of fasting and prayer and reflection. Each year, the end of Ramadan means celebration and thanksgiving .So as Its Eid I wish all of you very happy Eid.Well being a kid I used to love eid as I used to get new and expensive dresses to wear.I used to get lot of Eidi...I used to sit with my brother sisters and count who got more eidi but Agrrhhh!!We all had the same amount.I craved to boast and showmy siblings,"See I got more Eidi"But that never happened. Eid was a big occassion for me being a kid but now Eid is just another normal day.But Eid is always a time to celebrate.EID MUBARAK to all muslims.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
STRANDED I STAND by Zahra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.theprayingangel.blogspot.com