Sunday 24 June, 2007

Dreams are an intergal part of our lifes


Dreaming is an essential part of my life. Everyone dreams. We dream for as long as they live. Even unborn babies dream in their mother’s womb. I have seen babies smiling and giggling when they are asleep. They are actually in their dreams. Dream is an event that takes place in the mind when our physical body has gone to rest.

Dreams are the gateway to an inner world, a world that is as real as the one in which we live. As far my knowledge permits dream images and activities though strange and meaningless show symbolic structures also. I say this due to my personal experience as I do see weird symbolic structures and I fail to recollect them after alertness. I was termed “Dream Girl” in my junior college as I have always fantasized a lot of events for my future.The first category is NIGHT DREAMING.

Dreams can be meaningless and meaningful too. I normally land up getting what I haven’t got in real life. It’s a pleasurable experience but leaves a heart pinch in the morning when the dream world ends with a jerk of reality. But dream doesn’t really mean that we have to sleep to dream. We don’t say to our self that I will dream today. Dream comes by itself in its own form, phase and pace.Many people say dreams have nothing to do with reality. It’s a fantasy world. Yes it is but the fantasy world is entangled with our real world.I do have sixth sense. I have visional dreams that have actually turned to be a real occurrence .In fact I have warned people about my dream but they used to laugh over it, that I am a cracked egg. Certain dreams are some occurrence of our past that haunts us even today. Stating my example .I had drowned in the swimming pool when I was a 5 years old kid and I yet get the whole scenario in my dream as if I am actually drowning. This is the reason of me not being able to swim alone as I fear large bodies of water.

The second category of dreaming is DAY DREAMING. I land up getting a tiny dream with my eyes wide-awake. Huh…so strange. Well being a psychology student I do know the consequences of excessive daydreaming. In fact anything in excess is not good. But dreaming is fun guys….A psychotherapist important analytic tool is through the patient’s unconscious mind.He/she takes their patients into their past. What is exactly happening, the patient is getting flashback of his/her life in the form of dreams.Well I currently dream about my current life happenings and make things going the way I want it to be and even dream about my tomorrow. How would be my tomorrow??? Well that will be answered tomorrow.SO friends happy dreaming, who knows which happy dream that you dreamt is going to be your actual happy tomorrow………..yeah but not excessive dreaming.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
STRANDED I STAND by Zahra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at www.theprayingangel.blogspot.com